Episode 1: Greetings
- Warm-up Questions & Vocabulary
- Present Simple of “To Be” & There is/are
- Listening Practice
- Word Stress & Syllables
- Rhythm: Sentence Stress
- North American English Alphabet & Spelling
- Stop Consonants /p/ and /b/
- Linking: Same Letters
- Intonation: Statements & Phone Numbers
- Reductions: it’s a, got to, Toronto
- Inference: Surprise
Use the search function to find more episodes with the same content.
Feelings & Attitude
These inference questions are about understanding the speaker’s feelings or attitudes, listening for what the speaker means but hasn’t clearly said.
When we are surprised, we don’t always say “I’m surprised!” We usually show this feeling by dropping and then raising our pitch dramatically at the end .
For example, listen to the fall and rise in this question: He lost his car?