Episode 2: Small Talk
- Warm-up Questions & Vocabulary
- Present Simple: Other Verbs
- Listening Practice
- Word Stress: Two Syllable Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Prepositions
- Rhythm: Sentence Stress
- Stop Consonants /t/ and /d/
- Intonation: Questions
- Reductions: I hear you, need to, Whatâ€™s up?, How are you?
- Inference: Hesitation
Use the search function to find more episodes with the same content.
Feelings & Attitude
These inference questions are about understanding the speaker’s feelings or attitudes, listening for what the speaker means but hasn’t clearly said.
Hesitation means pausing because we are unsure or not so willing to say or do something. When we hesitate in speech, we don’t always stay silent.
We usually use fillers like um, er, uh, etc, and we also might make the sound of the filler or phrase longer, and the intonation might go up quickly and then down.