Episode 2: Small Talk
- Warm-up Questions & Vocabulary
- Present Simple: Other Verbs
- Listening Practice
- Word Stress: Two Syllable Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Prepositions
- Rhythm: Sentence Stress
- Stop Consonants /t/ and /d/
- Intonation: Questions
- Reductions: I hear you, need to, What’s up?, How are you?
- Inference: Hesitation
Use the search function to find more episodes with the same content.
Which way is the typical way to say this question, 1 or 2?
What do you want?
The second one.
That’s because it uses the correct intonation. Intonation is the rise and fall of our voice, which we call pitch.
When we say Yes/No questions, our intonation falls and then rises at the end: .
When we say Wh- questions, our intonation rises and then falls at the end .