What It’s About
Esther and Ruth talk about going to local events.
- Warm-up Questions & Vocabulary
- Modals of Politeness
- Listening Practice
- Word Stress: Stress On Suffix
- Rhythm: Emphatic Stress
- Vowels: /æ/ and /ʌ/ – Watch the Sounds American videos on /æ/ sound and /ʌ/ sound
- Intonation: Requests
- Reductions: Questions with “he”
- Inferences: Polite Rejection
How to Slow Down the Audio:
Click on the three dots of the audio player and then “Playback Speed” to play the conversation slower or faster.