Learning how to rap is a fun way to practice the many different parts of pronunciation.
What You’ll Learn
- How to count syllables and identify stress (using a dictionary)
- Different types of rhyme and like sounds (perfect, compound, assonance, alliteration)
- Metaphors, similes, onomatopoeia
- Rhyming schemes (couplet, quatrain, single line)
- Listening to and following the beat
- Writing creatively about a simple topic
- Pronunciation, enunciation and breathing deeply (from the diaphragm)
- How to be more confident in English through performance
At the end of the course, hopefully, you will write and perform a song for the last two classes, using a musicmaking app, or create a rap video with subtitles if you prefer.
- either individually or as a group
- with vocal or real instruments
- back and forth like a conversation or battle
- mixed language lyrics
- with singing and rapping
You don’t have to know lots of vocabulary, you don’t have to be a great singer or a fast rapper, and you don’t have to use swear words.
You just have to have fun!